Saturday, January 1, 2005

Happy New Year

Let's put 2004 behind us. Sure there were some good things on a personal level -- weddings, graduations, and so on -- but I think it is safe to say that the total happiness of humanity will be lowered because of the events of 2004, and the overall suffering has increased.



So let us instead look ahead at 2005. Politically, I don't expect anything good to come of it. No big elections, Republican-dominated government, and so on. Everyone who has the means, find a way to protest Bush's inauguration on January 20; I'll be at the Texas state capitol. If we're lucky, we just might see the privatization of social security, an expanded USA Patriot Act, and an overturn of Roe v. Wade. I can't wait!



On the geek front, the Huygens probe will finally land on Titan on January 14. Nothing will be discovered that will excite any but the nerdiest among you.



Personally, my goals are pretty modest. I want to get some of my writing on the market, even if it never gets sold. I want to do more good things for people and donate some money to charities. I want to find the cool places in town that nobody's ever heard of. I want to meet new people. I want to free myself from the shackles of wire and finally get a wireless network in our apartment. I want to find some new music to listen to.



Nothing too challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment