Thursday, October 21, 2004

Family

It's funny, I'm strangely nervous about my family. Not my immediate family, but the family I don't see that often. For instance, my Aunt Janie who lives here in Austin. I used to see her all the time when I was a kid, but I called her just now and it actually felt strange enough that I was glad to get an answering machine and put the ball in her court. Maybe it's because all of my communication with anybody but my parents has always been mediated by them. I have nothing to base interaction with aunts and uncles on besides family get-togethers. It's so silly, really, when you consider that we're related and I've talked to them dozens of times. And being twenty-four years old and afraid to call someone is pretty lame, anyway.



Update: We ended up talking for an hour and a half. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment