Thursday, January 12, 2006

Steinem likes to say "fuck"

Glora Steinem, Power Geezer
What is Gloria Steinem's advice to young women these days?

To do "whatever they fucking well please," America's foremost feminist said, stabbing into poached eggs at a brunch-mobbed diner on a recent Sunday. "Ha ha ha! Have some fries."
I fancy myself a feminist, and I definitely like Steinem's way of presenting it. I've got a special place in my heart for people who are outspoken and really don't care what anybody thinks about it. Richard Dawkins on religion, for instance. Or Steinem on gender and politics.
She said that her No. 1 priority at the moment is "getting rid of George Bush, by any means necessary, short of violence," because, obviously, it affects everything else. "We are not in his control," Ms. Steinem said, "so I say, fuck him."
[via Feministe]

No comments:

Post a Comment