Friday, June 30, 2006

Bits and pieces

I saw Superman Returns on Wednesday, and it was quite good. Just the right mix of homage to the Richard Donner vision while pushing the mythos forward in a direction that the comics haven't, but that seems natural. And as he did with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Bryan Singer nailed the casting of an unknown in Brandon Routh. It almost pains me to say it, but I think he played a better Clark Kent/Superman than Christopher Reeve...

As John Scalzi put it, SCOTUS to POTUS: RTFM!

The new moons of Pluto have names, Nix and Hydra. Well, it would be Nyx and Hydra, but Nyx is already taken by asteroid 3908 Nyx, so the name was reverted from the Greek to the Egyptian form, Nix. I'm rather surprised there isn't a Hydra already.

That's it, for now.

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought that Superman looked like he was a man made out of cgi! I thought the movie was alright - nothing spectacular, nothing terrible. I just can't look at that guy without trying to figure out how they animated him! I've never seen such a plastic human before!

    ReplyDelete