Friday, June 10, 2005

So on and so forth

I wish I could say that it has been a fun week, but funerals are never happy.

I will be participating in the next Turkey City writer's workshop on July 23. This will be the first time my work has been seen by anyone (aside from the stories I wrote for my fiction classes). There will be professional writers critiquing a story, which simultaneously excites and terrifies me. It's hump-busting time to get something prettied up for the occasion.

A review of The Royal Tenenbaums will be posted tomorrow.

I spend an hour skimming/reading J. Storrs Hall's book Nanofuture at Book People today. It's a "best case" look at what molecular nanotechnology will make possible; I'm not a true convert to the nanorgasmic vision--I think it will take longer than some people seem to expect--but it is still a fascinating read. And who knows, maybe it will all pan out?

I have worn Threadless's "Flowers in the Attic" t-shirt in public twice, and both times somebody has asked what band it's for.

No comments:

Post a Comment