Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Doing my part

Bible verses of the day:
Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, and said, "I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof." (Genesis 19:7-8)
And later:
Now Lot went up out of Zoar and settled in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar; so he lived in a cave with his two daughters. And the firstborn said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the world. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, so that we may preserve offspring through our father." So they made their father drink wine that night; and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; he did not know when she lay down or when she rose. On the next day, the firstborn said to the younger, "Look, I lay last night with my father; let us make him drink wine tonight also; then you go in and lie with him, so that we may preserve offspring through our father." So they made their father drink wine that night also; and the younger rose, and lay with him; and he did not know when she lay down or when she rose. Thus both the daughters of Lot became pregnant by their father. (Genesis 19:30-36)
Remember, children, that Lot was one of the most righteous and holy of men!

9 comments:

  1. But he didn't remember doing it. If you don't remember, then it didn't happen. That's my motto. :) But hey, if it's in the good book it must be true. **cough**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, is something caught in your throat? Are you getting sick? You may want to get that looked at.

    Also, why aren't you on myspace?

    Ryan: I didn't know you were such a devout fundamentalist, I would question your motives of posting this on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke, Just got over the flu, sorry. I have never heard of myspace until you guys started blabbin about it. I'll have to look into it, but from reading Ryan's posts, I don't think he would let me add him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. Is there anything fun to do in Austin during the day? I will be there the weekend of July 22-24th. My ever-so-loving husband to be is dragging me to some car show thing @ the Travis Co. Fair Grounds. Shopping, or museums of interest? Of course @ night I will be on 6th st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see.

    There's the Texas State Capitol and State History Museum. I've never managed to go to the museum, though I want to. Along those same lines is the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library, which I have been to, but a long time ago. It's full of exhibits and whatnot.

    Art-wise, there's the Austin Museum of Art, and the Blanton Museum of Art on the UT campus. Both are pretty contemporary.

    If you want sort of hip or unique Austin shopping, there's South Congress, but I've never really looked so I can't say for sure what sort of shops they have there. It looks nice when you drive by. The Drag at UT has a fairly diverse set of shops as well, but it's a smaller area and the parking is horrible. The Arboretum is basically a pretty outdoor mall, with the usual mall stores. But there is a pond with several very friendly geese.

    Although it will be pretty hot, if you want to brave the heat, there's the Zilker Botanical Gardens and Hamilton Pool.

    If you're free at dusk, of course, you should see the bats at the Congress Avenue bridge.

    To tell you the truth, I haven't really taken advantage of Austin's scene all that much, but I know what's around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Last time I was there my friends wanted to go see the bats, but we didn't get around to it. I more than likely will do it this time & maybe swing by the State History Museum. I came up there last year as well with some 20 year olds who wanted to go to 6th st. What's the point? It just pissed the rest of us off & we ended up going back to the hotel. Maybe we can meet up sometime. Lunch or drinks maybe. I would love to see you & meet your wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, just remind me before you come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. I'll e-mail you closer to the 22nd & give you my cell #. I don't want it broadcast all over the internet. HA
    Check out this article. I sent it to Luke a little while ago. I'm sure you'll have something to say about it.

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/23/scotus.property.ap/index.html

    ReplyDelete