Thursday, September 30, 2004

Presidential debate

I'm not a fan of John Kerry. I don't agree with him on all of his policies, maybe not even most. I definitely disagree with him on many. Depending on who is on what ballot in November, I will almost certainly vote for Cobb (Green Party) or Nader.



But damn, Kerry absolutely wiped the floor with George W. Bush in the first debate.

"I mean, this is the president who said 'There were weapons of mass destruction,' said 'Mission accomplished,' said we could fight the war on the cheap -- none of which were true."

"I made a mistake in how I talk about the war, but the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?"

When Bush declared Iraq the central front of the war on terror, Kerry replied: "Iraq was not even close to the center of the war on terror before the president invaded it."



Bush, awkward and bumbling, could just repeat the same tired statements. Kerry is a flip-flopper without a clear position, the world is safer without Saddam Hussein, and so on. If elected, at least Kerry would be a foot in the door for the good guys, simply by defeating Bush.

1 comment:

  1. With all the wedding planning going on, I didn't get to listen to any of the debate. I am glad to hear that someone who has similar beliefs that I do (that would be you) thinks that it went "well".

    Let's just hope Bush loses like and is a "one termer" like his daddy was.

    ReplyDelete